Saturday, April 6, 2013

Marketing Simulation

Pharmasim Simulation


Trying out the Pharmasim Simulation for the first time this week has been an interesting experience.  I decided that I wanted to add the trial size samples to the marketing mix since personally as a consumer I like to try out products before purchasing them if possible.  In addition to that I decided to change the advertisement message.  Also just using my reference as a consumer, I don't like commercials that trash the competitor the whole time, and I think that repeating the name of the product helps me remember what the commercial is for.  So I increased some of the primary and reminder areas and decreased the comparison portion.  I decided that was all I would change for the first time around and advanced to the next section.

Overall I had good results with these decisions.  Net income and my stock price went up significantly.  This leads me to believe that by taking the consumer point of view in making those decisions I was able to make realistic effective changes.  For the next time around I think I'm going to focus more on changes between the product and the retailers and wholesalers that sell it for us.  We'll see how that goes next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment